[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Time to say goodbye

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:54:20 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/2009 10:27:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
We need  to be compassionate to our
friends who  cannot bear this last  terrible parting.

I find it strange, but I do feel the moment life is gone, and from  that
second on, there is nothing other than a beautiful shell with the part that
means so much gone. The memories remain, but that one brief instant is so
important to me.  I appreciate the chance to share it.

I still think the worst experience was when I was whelping a litter, and I
got the first three breathing, and then I was holding the third born, and
he  gasped, struggled, and died in my hands.  Of all the dogs I have loved
and  lost, that one lives deeply in my heart, and for some reason seems to be
the  strongest memory of them all.

Life is so strange, and death even more so.

But, there is a dog show today, less than ten miles from the house, so I
expect a great day, with but some memories of those who are no longer  here.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/