[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Time to say goodbye

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx, djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:33:35 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/2009 8:42:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 9/11/2009 9:28:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Well,  speaking of putting your  feelings aside for the dog, your beloved
companion,  who would/could  stay in the room for the euthanasia and who
doesn't

 I wonder if anyone is/was as lucky as me . During the  40 years  I was
actively breeding and exhibiting,I had a Vet who would come to my  kennel to
give all the puppy shots,and when it came time to make "that decision"  would
make house calls so the dog was put to sleep in their familiar  surroundings
and in my arms. . No need to have to take him on that final journey  in the
car. I have been continually grateful to them.  Times have changed,  They
were such good vets,had much success,now have a very large fancy new
Building,and I'm pretty certain not too many house calls anymore. <G>  Helen
Miller
Fisher