[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Time to say goodbye

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:27:17 EDT

Sometimes we have to save ourselves. Sometimes we cannot take the pain of
losing a dog we love beyond death. The dog will be alone for a few minutes,
but  the owner can have nightmares  for years, holding that terrible  p
icture in their mind. My vet at my request gives the dog a heavy sedative, the
dog sleeps peacefully and gratefully, and I leave, sobbing and miserable, but
I  absolutely want to avoid actually seeing the dog die. It is not
necessary, and  this technique works for me. We need to be compassionate to our
friends who  cannot bear this last terrible parting. Be kind.  Syd

In a message dated 9/11/2009 7:49:29 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
Still  to  this day it kills me and I think I should have stayed with her,
but then I  think not. I just don't  know.