[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Time to say goodbye

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:21:16 -0500

At 01:02 PM 9/12/2009 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/12/2009 8:38:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
>I wonder  if anyone is/was as lucky as me . During the  40 years  I was
>actively breeding and exhibiting,I had a Vet who would come to my   kennel
>give all the puppy shots,and when it came time to make "that  decision"
>would
>make house calls so the dog was put to sleep in  their familiar
>surroundings
>and in my arms. . No need to have to  take him on that final journey  in
>the
>car. I have been continually  grateful to them.  Times have changed
>

>My vet has done this for me.  I don't know of  any other vets in my area
>that would do this, so I am VERY grateful to  her.
>

>~Vicki

I, too, have a wonderful vet.   He has always come out to the house for me when
it had to be time to say goodbye.   He has often wiped away tears when I said
my goodbyes to them.   He also used to come out to give check-ups & shots to
my young puppies.   This is not his regular routine.   To my knowledge,
there are
just one other breeder & myself that he serves this way.   I am very lucky!
Sandy
Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm