[ SHOWGSD-L ] Time to Move On... Not!

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:21:17 -0400

The Board accomplished exactly what the membership asked of them,
and Hunte is not and will never be a member of the GSDCA.  For
this, the BOD should be applauded.  While we may not agree with
the manner in which the Hunte issue was resolved, the BOD
shouldn't be judged too harshly given most of us were not privy
to all the facts and circumstances which led up to the
resolution.
Yes, it is time to forget about the closed session, the terms and
conditions, the "intense" Ms.Gutenburg, the apology, etc.  After
all, these things are history and there's not a darn thing anyone
can do about it.

While it is time to forget, it is NOT time to move on!  The time
to move on will come when our club's by-laws are changed to
prevent something like the Hunte "fiasco" from ever occurring
again.  The worse thing that could happen to the GSDCA is for the
Hunte issue, and the subsequent resolution, to set a precedence
for other "undesirables" to follow in Hunte's footsteps.

The time to move on will come after the language of the GSDCA
by-laws are re-written to afford iron-clad protection for our
right, as a private club, to refuse membership to *anyone* who
applies.  And to exercise said right *without* fear of
litigation.

Paulette McGuirt
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam