[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Time for Cards and Roses

  • From: Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:37:23 -0400

I will wholeheartedly join in that wish !!!

At the very first National I attended, Helen was the Intersex Judge
(Philadelphia, 1983).  I was awed at the entry - there were some wonderful dogs
and an incredible selection of bitches.  I was also awed at the job Helen did.
I was a complete novice.  Her judging was thoughtful, and even for me in my
clueless state, it was straighforward to understand her procedure and her
selection.  How she decided on that final cut in bitches I will never know -
perhaps she will tell us !  I think I still have the catalog, with my notes.  I
was pleased to see that Helen agreed with me on most placements.  LOL

I bought my first show prospect as a result of what I saw that day - and as
soon as he was old enough for his first show, I entered him under Helen.
Unfortunately for me, he was looking about the worst he ever looked at that
stage of his life, and I was much too green to know it., so it was not one of
our better outings..... LOL

We have been very fortunate to have Helen among us here.  She is one of the few
posters to never miss - she posts rarely, but always has something valuable to
say.

For those who are new to the fancy, do some research and you will see what a
valuable asset Helen is to us all.

Helen,  have a very very happy birthday !!!!!!

Margy

From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
Date: 2005/10/07 Fri PM 12:20:01 EDT
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Time for Cards and Roses

Time Out.  No more election talk, no more bashing, no more ballots that you
have to use your own stamp, no more anything EXCEPT.....

It is time to wish a Past GSDCA President who contributed so much to all of
us a  VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Helen Miller Fisher, email is VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx and I
know she would like to hear from all of her friends and from those who would
like to make a new friend.

Happy Birthday Helen,

Lew