[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thursday, March 23

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:57:40 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2006 8:52:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What can  we do about puppy mills and "commercial breeders" such as Hunte?
Earlier in  the day, I thought Paul's suggestion about a $10,000 contribution
to RALEEF  was a good idea. After reading Sally's Google sites, I have
changed my  mind.

What can we do about the AROs?? PETA and HSUS and Doris Day and  all the
others are NOT going away. As I said, I have written at LEAST 20  letters in
the last two days.

The key is   EDUCATION!!!!!!!    These people have grabbed center  stage
because we LET them. Where are our education efforts?? Where are we  going
into the schools to teach children how to select, rear, encourage,  foster a
purebred puppy?

RALEEF is all about education. It is exactly what we do when we now  attend
shows, local events and visit with the local politicians. Our handouts  tell
people what they are up against and tell them how to fight it. The key  indeed
IS EDUCATION. But along with that we need $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to battle these
professional and highly paid lobbyists.
RALEEF is Responsible Legislation EDUCATION EFFORT Federation.

Denise  Groenewald
SE Regional Representative for the GSDCA
Responsible  Legislation Education Effort Federation
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)