[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Throwing the baby out with the bath water

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:39:15 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you Peggy, but Cyndy has a valid point too.  I know from personal
experience that we should be careful about what we say.  We can say that Hunte
is a broker, and that he may breed some dogs.  We also know he owns at least
one champion GSD, like it or not.  We cannot call him names such as abussive,
we have no direct proof to point to.

  Lawsuites are expensive, and it could be that with the money he SEEMS to
have, he could drive more than one of us to bankruptcy defending ourselves, and
once we are broke, he could well drop the suite, having gotten anyone who says
it just wrong, right in a spot where they can no longer afford their dogs, or
to breed more, giving him that much more market for what he has for sale.

  It is worth the effort to be careful, that's all Cyndy means, and she is
correct.

  I will say little more on this subject, I have said little for some time now.
 It is overwhelming all other talk here, for better or worse.
  sheila
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I haven't seen any personal attacks, and I'm trying to read all the
posts having to do with this topic. Not because they are pleasant, but
because I am being asked to explain "our" thinking to other people in
the dog world, and primarily, because I'm trying to understand it myself.
As for Hunte reading the posts, if people don't want him to know
what they think of him, they shouldn't post...and he shouldn't be
surprised, anyway.
Peggy

Cyndy Davis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I think it's evident to the board and everyone else that people are outraged
>over this decision. Point taken.
>At this point we need to focus on a constructive solution, not adding fuel
>to the fire.
>
>First, I want to point out that while it is against our list rules, anything
>we say can be forwarded to anyone out there, including Mr. Hunte or other
>breed clubs, etc. Frankly some of it has been quite inflammatory and
>included personal attacks. I fear that these would be used as evidence in a
>lawsuit - personal or against the club. While I've been advised such lawsuit
>would be frivolous, why fuel the fire? Lawsuits, frivolous or no, are
>expensive to defend - trust me, I know!
>
>Second point - we have alot of non-members on the list, maybe some who are
>new in dogs and looking for guidance. Do we really want to chase them away
>from the breed and the club?
>
>I personally have worked too long and too hard to throw the baby out with
>the bathwater!
>
>I'm not saying don't post, just consider your words carefully and please, no
>personal attacks.
>
>Cyndy

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.