[ SHOWGSD-L ] Throwing in the towel?

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 23:06:59 +0000 (UTC)

.......I threw it in about a year or so ago....went to only two shows this
year as a spectator, the National being one of them......money is a problem,
judging can SOMETIMES be a problem...but I threw in the towel because I suck
at showing, breeding ,and trying to buy good dogs, you don't want to know how
much money I've spent on dogs that just didn't turn out to be what I
wanted.....only the very first two!....a Boss son and daughter....nothing after
that......I love many of the people in this sport, and I'll perhaps go to a
couple of shows next year, but I wanted to win, if the breed improved as a
result, that would have been fine too, but I wanted to win!...I didn't, but if
I had it to do over again I would....it was a great ride, with very few
regrets...I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to do it.......got two half
-sisters from Danny's Daddy, and they're no way near conformation animals, but
man do they have DRIVE!....so to each his/own......I'll always love show dogs
and dog shows....but I don't believe I'll ever show again., but then again
after the first divorce I said I'd never get married again...lol.......Ed Hill