[ SHOWGSD-L ] Three Evan stories

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:21:39 -0800 (PST)

      This year again we lost folks we love and care about who share our common
love for this unusual and special dog. And next year we will lose more, perhaps
we will lose you  perhaps me, nothing is guaranteed to any or us. The time to
show appreciation to folks we care about is NOW while they are still here!....I
got to this year's National late because of school. Evan shared with me the
fact that he had this problem that could only be corrected with surgery, and
even that may not correct the problem! then he told me that his body was tired
and that he was not willing to go through with the surgery!...I asked him what
would happen with out the surgery..I will not repeat what he said....needless
to say he upset me greatly....I found Tedi and asked to speak to her
privately...she assured me that she didn't care what Evan said she was going to
demand that he get the surgery!...I was so nervous I had trouble focusing that
day...the man has helped so many including me,
 sometimes I don't think he understands the positive effect he has on
folks...story 2...A few years ago Evan was in the ring showing one of his dogs
at a show in Placentia CA. A real good looking lady was at ringside with an
average looking GSD....Evan comes out of the ring walks over to this woman
signs some papers for her and the woman looks down at the dog and says..." now
we don't ever have to see daddy again"...I'm wondering what the hell is going
on...I'm thinking is this woman also Evan's wife? what about Tedi?..she was
only a few feet away?...turns out Evan was the woman's attorney for her
divorce...story 3...watching Evan in San Francisco CA. arguing a case in front
of the highest court in the largest state ( population) in the country, the
California Supreme Court...those justices were firing questions at him non
stop...and Evan was firing answers back at them just as fast...that was a truly
enjoyable day...Thank God this man is still with us, he is not finished
 effecting lives..Ed