[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Three 4 One!

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 07:03:39 -0800

So often people come onto the list and say "we need this..." or "we need to
do that..." It's like that at work.. everyone is great at telling you what
you need to do, but rarely do people come up with a plausible business plan
on how to accomplish it - who will do the work, what will be the steps to
accomplish those things we "must do"..what the end result will look like...
You are right, Ed marketing, mentoring and education.. so how about a
marketing plan on how you see these education sessions happening? How about
developing a mentorship program that would include education sessions? What
you suggest is admirable, but with every suggestion there is a need to
provide a plan - HOW to accomplish the suggestion.. How many people need to
be committed to complete the organization of such a project? What would the
topics be? Where would it be held? Who would be the speakers? what costs
would be incurred? When would you schedule it? Would you be willing to head
the formulation of the idea? When I read this type of e-mail, I get a
picture of a board of directors sitting around, twiddling their thumbs,
drinking beer and waiting for someone to come up with something for them to
do..
Business Plan...if you want to see a plan come to fruition, bring it with a
plan of how it would be executed, not just a "I love this board, now get
this great idea accomplished!"
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com