[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts from a Newbie/ tiers (and tears)

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't write this. I, as a newbie, was trying to be SUPPORTIVE of the
original poster and for our breed.
  Grace
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/25/2006 2:21:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx writes:
First, the lack of support... especially those people considered "high" in
the breed. I've had much better support from people who, while producing
excellent dogs, probably won't ever be a Jim Moses

After 30 years in the breed, I have absolutely no interest in getting
support from the people who are "high" in the breed. Generally, these nice
folks
socialize and deal with each other. There are "tiers" of shepherd fanciers, in
my opinion, and most of us find the correct level for our dogs and our
abilities. The national type people are in a very rarified atmosphere, and the
bottom tiers, the beginners, the not very wealthy exhibitors, the casual
exhibitors, the snobs, the cliques, the unselfish mentors, etc all have their
followers, and most of us stay within the comfort level of our "peers". I have
known
of very big names being uncommonly kind to lower tier people, and lower tier
people who are blatant social climbers, ignoring the friends they made in
the beginning of their dog careers, sucking up to the elites, being their
errand
boys and acolytes, ignoring their former friends, ever seeking a higher
position in the GSD world. Many of these are held in great contempt, and
frequently are unethical and only want the win, not what is best for their own
dogs,
let alone the breed. Such is life. Syd

SYD MAILBERG
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA 98038

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx