[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts from a Newbie/ tiers (and tears)

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:26:59 EDT

I once heard this story

A man was traveling, looking for a place to settle down. He came upon a  town
and asked of a gentleman sitting beside the road just outside of town.  "What
kind of people live in this town?" he asked, "I am thinking of settling  down
here."  The gentleman looked at him and said "How were the people  where you
used to live?" "The man said to him, "Well, that is why I am looking  to
settle in a new town. Those people were very difficult to live by, most were
not
so nice." The gentleman looked at him and told him he should keep looking as
that is exactly the kind of people he would find in this town, so the man
continued on his way.

Later that day, another man looking to settle down in a new town stopped to
speak with this same gentleman still sitting just outside the town. "I am
thinking of settling down in this town," he said, "What kind of people live
here?' Well, the gentleman asked him, "What kind of people were in the last
place
you lived." "Oh, the man replied, "they were awesome people in that town.  I
really enjoyed being there."   "Welcome," the gentleman said to him,  "I am
sure you will find the same sort of people living here"

You might consider this

It is the people producing the great dogs who give the people making a
living off of these great dogs a job.  It is also the people who are  producing
the
great dogs who have the most to share - that is if you want to  produce great
dogs.  JMHO

Karen Shirk, Executive Director 4 Paws For Ability, Inc.
253  Dayton Ave Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385 Office 937-768-9098 Cell
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)
karen4paws@xxxxxxx