[ SHOWGSD-L ] Those dang insurance underwriters!

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:17:39 -0500

We recently purchased a Sprinter van and had it converted into a luxury camper.
 When our insurance agent at Geico asked about the usage of the vehicle, I was
honest and said that it would be used to camp in the NC National Forests once a
year.  (We never go anywhere without all of our dogs.)   Also, it would be used
occassionally to carry a couple dogs to shows.
OOPS!  Big mistake mentioning the dog shows!  Now the underwriter has decided
that the Sprinter is for commercial use and plans to jack up the rates.  We do
not own an incorporated kennel or grooming business or anything like that.  We
show dogs on a very small scale and showing is strictly a hobby with us.

You insurance agents and attorneys on the List, is there anything I can do to
prove the Sprinter will not be used for anything remotely commercial?

Thanks in advance.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam