[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Those damn "white" dogs - STOP THE MADNESS

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "barbara17236@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 06:47:36 -0500

Joan -

I can assure you that the Board allowing whites (lifting the DQ or separating),
behind the GSDCA members' backs,  by the Board, and into the AKC ring, was not
discussed in the closed meeting.  I cannot tell anyone why the closed session
was needed, as it had to do with a Board member. I do know which Board member
though.

BTW - we (DCI and DCA) do NOT want to see the breed separate, and the DCI, DCA
and AWSA Board (breed separation) do NOT want to see the BBS in the FSS.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd

 Date: Monday, January 26, 2015, 11:02 PM

 Hi All:

 Well, that was an interesting Board meeting!
 Now, the American White Shepherd Association (AWSA) has
 splintered; a few members formed another white club - Berger
 Blanc Suisse Club of America (BBSCA).

 The BBSCA attended the Board Meeting to present their
 cause; have the Berger Blanc Suisse (FCI registered Dogs) to
 be permitted in the AKC FSS program.  The BBSCA claim
 the BBS is NOT a GSD, although they came from the GSD
 originally.  The BBSCA claims that GSDs have not been
 used in many generations now. However, I provided one FCI
 BBS whose grandfather is an AKC GSD!   Another example
 showed an AKC GSD (white) being exported overseas and
 registered as a BBS, within the last few years.

 Folks, unless you introduce another breed, or a mutt,
 into a purebred dog's gene pool, the dog is what the dog
 is ORIGINALLY!!!!   So, for the GSDCA, to allow the AKC
 white-coated dogs to separate and become a new AKC breed, or
 to allow the BBS to become a new AKC breed makes no
 sense.

 1.  They are German Shepherds, regardless of any
  new name given

 2. The GSDCA membership voted that they did NOT want
 the white dog in the AKC show ring. The WGSDCA and WGSDCI
 understand this.

 3.  Why would you (GSDCA members) allow a breed DQ
 to break off and get back into the AKC show ring?  Why
 not just remove the DQ? same difference.  Why have the
 white-coated GSD leave the country, breed a couple
 generations under a different name (BBS) and come back into
 the U.S. and show?  The  offspring are STILL
 white-coated GSDs!!!!  YOU (GSDCA members) DON'T
 WANT WHITE-COATED DOGS IN THE RING.

 4.  Let whites separate, or bring the BBS into the
 AKC ring; we (GSDCA members) don't care.  As long
 as you aren't in the GSD ring with us.  Well, the
 WHITE dogs would be a herding breed (after MISC class date)
 and would compete against the GSD in Group.  What are
 you going to say when that WHITE dog (GSD DQ) beats your GSD
 in the group?  Keep in mind that the WHITE dog is now a
 new breed, with a different breed standard than the GSD, so
 the WHITE BOB winner might meet its breed standard better
 than the GSD BOB winner. Or, if the new breed is in another
 group, you might end up competing against the Group winner
 for BEST IN SHOW!!!!

 Those of you who say "cut them loose" -
  are you willing to be beat by them in the Group, or in
 BIS?

 And, if a breed DQ can just get around a DQ this
 easily, how many other breed DQs (blues, livers and pandas)
 will follow suite?   Why have breed DQs???

 The entire GSDCA Board voted NO to the BBS in the
 FSS!!!!!!   Even Helen, who asked for the vote.

 Barbara17236@xxxxxxx