[ SHOWGSD-L ] This will get me in trouble...move over Sarah

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 00:08:59 +0000 (UTC)

The  perfect GSD based on our standard has never been produced is a statement
that most will agree...new question....is our standard a standard that measures
the complete idea of what our dog should be?....a herding dog,a  working dog,a
 protection dog......most puppies bred by conformation breeders do not go on
to become AKC, CKC conformation Champions...most never see the show ring...are
these dogs not worthy?....the show dog is the exception, not the rule......most
of us have never played professional sports, those individuals who have, for
the most part are physically larger or stronger or faster than most of
"US"....are we not worthy based on the human standard...and yes I agree my
analogy is a bit extreme...and I am not comparing us to dogs........we created
ALL PURE BRED breeds...and that is not a bad thing.......we spend so much time
trying to protect our image of what we believe our dog should be and close off
the beliefs and opinions of what others believe.....and that goes even more so
for the breeders of so-called working GSDs........ALL GSDs are working
dogs!....She is a working breed, and in my opinion second to none.......the
2013 World show in OUR country is the perfect opportunity to show everyone just
what a wonderful dog we have....we have far more in common than we think......I
hate e-mail communication.....I could have expressed this better in
person.......Ed