[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This will get me in trouble...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:40:08 -0500 (EST)

Well...the truth is very few dogs "work" either, and by "work" I include
police, army, SAR, seeing eye and other service dogs. Not many of us have
farms  where a dog "works" but a real working farm dog, naturally I'd include
them too.

I like performance events too but let's face it, working sheep for a few
minutes at class or a few OB training sessions or even a few hours at SCH
club  preparing for a weekend event where you might be in the ring or on the
field for  what, less than five-ten minutes isn't "work".   It's playing at
"work".  It DOES demonstrate that a dog has something between its ears  <G>.

I breed for a healthy litter (cookie-cutter in quality) of puppies  where
the LEAST of the puppies is a very good example of the breed.  No,  most
aren't ever going to step foot in a show ring, but they should be beautiful  w/
sound mind and if their family wants to compete in a venue they like, I'm
their biggest cheerleader.  In real life though, I know their full time
"job" will be taking care of their family and you know, I enjoy hearing about a

very good GSD meeting their children at a bus stop or going to an after
school  sporting event as much as I do a dog who won their class at one event
or  another.

If a Pine Hill dog plays a part in the next generation and the one after
that falls in love with the breed (as I did), I'm delighted!  And I AM
delighted; this is the time of year for Christmas cards with dogs wearing funny

hats and antlers, squeezed between children who are a year older.  After I
get over the awwwwwww, THEN comes the thoughts "nice pigment, bone looks
good"  etc. <G>

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 12/15/2011 7:09:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  perfect GSD based on our standard has never been produced  is a
statement that most will agree...new question....is our standard a  standard
that
measures the complete idea of what our dog should be?....a  herding dog,a
working dog,a  protection dog......most puppies bred  by conformation
breeders do not go on to become AKC, CKC conformation  Champions...most never
see
the show ring...are these dogs not worthy?....the  show dog is the exception,
not the rule......most of us have never played  professional sports, those
individuals who have, for the most part are  physically larger or stronger
or faster than most of "US"....are we not worthy  based on the human
standard...and yes I agree my analogy is a bit  extreme...and I am not
comparing us
to dogs........we created ALL PURE BRED  breeds...and that is not a bad
thing.......we spend so much time trying to  protect our image of what we
believe our dog should be and close off the  beliefs and opinions of what
others
believe.....a
nd that goes even more so  for the breeders of so-called working
GSDs........ALL GSDs are working  dogs!....She is a working breed, and in my
opinion
second to none.......the  2013 World show in OUR country is the perfect
opportunity to show everyone  just what a wonderful dog we have....we have far
more in common than we  think......I hate e-mail communication.....I could
have expressed this better  in  person.......Ed
POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY F
ORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE