[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This list

  • From: "Stormy V. Hope" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 09:14:46 -0800

Ed, thank you.

I can’t remember exactly when I joined this list (Zoe would know!), but I
remember that the ADMIN at the time accidentally included me in their
correspondence about me…they couldn’t find me in the ‘rooster” or an “addy” for
me.  (First time I ever saw “addy.”)  I let them know that I WAS a human.

This list brought me joy, frustration and yes, irritation, knowledge, and
friendship ever since

Then there was the year the “Viper” got the Blue Ribbon in the BBE class and I
was hopefully expecting my first litter, his pups. Got a litter of Shepweilers
instead (Thanks, Son!).  I was breaking all the rules in the rule book that
year.

Then one year, Zoe asked me to “just watch” the List while she was at the
National.  Somehow she never told me to stop “watching" the List. And I
actually had to read the rules <G>

I DO do Facebook, Tweet, Pin, Link, G+, HangOut, and now Skype.  But first
thing every morning, I check out the List, (especially during the National,
when “watching” the List brought a whole new meaning, an all day forwarding of
Evan’s wonderful Blog) cringing when certain words appear, laughing when Ed
shows up, sighing when another dog has died, smiling at all the wins, new
litters. This list has a its own Personality and I cherish what it has give me,
hopefully for at least a few more years.

Thank you and Happy New Year

Stormy

> On Jan 1, 2015, at 7:55 AM, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> I don't do face book. I don't tweet. I don't take selfies, as far as social
> media goes this list is the only thing I do. I do belong to one other list, a
> BBQ forum. and believe it or not I have Never sent a post! The hundreds of
> listers that have come and gone and come back to this list have contributed
> greatly to my understanding of human behavior and interaction. I have a
> tremendous respect for many of the folks on this list and I feel a close bond
> to several of you! The knowledge of the subject matter collectively by the
> members of this list is mind blowing! I hope we are all still here January
> 1st 2016.   Happy New Year Ed Hill
>
> Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

Stormy V. Hope