[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This Game we are all in...

  • From: foxhavengs@xxxxxxx
  • To: onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:04:10 -0500

Well said Donna

Denise
Foxhavengs

-----Original Message-----
From: onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:53 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] This Game we are all in...

OK I have got to go to bed, life here starts way too early. I just want to
say to everyone...that if I have learned anything I have learned from all
this that this is Personal, very personal.  Whoever says it's not...does not
and has not done this first hand...Breeding two dogs together is the
breeders choice, we are the mad scientists, we create, we put them together
make the puppies, and then grow up the one's we think are "stars"...we then
train them, condition them, show them, love them and/or find them good homes
(one would hope) so they can be loved like a star...some are like the kids
they coudn't have...for most us as our added family. As handlers, we pick
the shows, groom the dogs, present the dogs, make thier careers, travel with
them on a daily basis...in the way we feel "personally" is the best for that
dog. We do our best (again, one would hope). The next part is written with
"limited" experience as a judge...but I have done my matches and a couple of
Fut/Mat's so I can relate, it's not easy...  When one accepts an
assignment...they go in the ring and judge according to how they personally
translated our standard...go through thier procedure in their heads, I would
assume alot......again cause it's personal and think about how they hope
they do a good job...not easy when you can only make a few happy. They worry
about thier outfit...how they look in it, how the pictures will make them
look in it, some practice how to smile in a picture because they will hang
on someones wall forever and then hope and pray that the people they
know...handlers, breeders, friends and thier peers will like the outcome of
a day. They Personally hope everyone is proud of them...that's human Nature.
No it's not Rocket Science but it's personal...and it affects us more than
we realize!
With the topic line being of what it was, yes I can feel the way I do cause
I was a handler, I stand behind my handler friends...I am a breeder, I know
the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat with my babies and I
understand my peer's feelings on thier dogs too...and as an owner...as I
would defend my kids...I know what goes into doing it right, as I know what
it is to hold a dog as it takes it's last breath...you don't get anymore
personal than that...from thier first breath to thier last...it never get's
easier when you do loose one...it never get's easier when you disappoint
someone and no one likes to loose. We all can get defensive...we can all
stand behind one another and attack...either way...it's personal, it matters
and it leaves an impression.
I am not going to go into the political end meaning running of the
club...(not politics in dogs)...because I do believe that ends up all
personal too...unfortunately. But we are all human and this list is like a
Diner that never closes and you get to write what you want...say how you
feel, base your opinion on something you heard, but somewhere, someone, that
you may not know...is reading this...and taking it personal. Sometimes good,
Sometimes Bad...but personally and it does matter to them.
Imagine if we all put our personal feelings into something so positive...it
will make a difference...it will change something for the better, because we
are all part of one hell of a game and if we all worked together, somehow,
imagine what we could all do...one decision that one day changes the history
of our breed and we all get emotional...People need to be responsible...and
think about someone else and how it is perceived...and how it would feel and
how much goes into this from day one.
This is not written to reply to any of the posts, it's a general feeling I
was thinking about...because I know how I felt...and I know how others
felt...and I now know from a "private" email how the judge of that subject
line felt...I now know for a fact this is much bigger in our hearts than any
of us realized!
Good nite
Donna Calabrese

Donna