[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Things That Make You Smile

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:20:00 -0700

Just sharing a bright moment.....Gary Weickelt in Michigan sent me a picture of
his Morning Glories
from the seeds I sent him last year.....and oh, my!  He  has a wall of gorgeous
pink and purple flowers
 growing on a chain link fence.  He plans to pick the seeds in fall to give to
his daughter to grow on her
place.....that's what makes me smile....it's so fun to "spread it around".......
(altho' he may be cursing my name when  it's time to take down the dried vines
this winter.)  LOL
    To make it dog-related, if you have a sunny spot where nothing else will
grow and you need shade over your dog runs, try Morning Glories.  They are
'glorious"!    Happy Labor Day, everyone!  Jamie

I can keep this dog related and say that I have two vines growing in big half
barrels up on our
patio rail and they are a gorgeous deep violet blue.........they are my
favorites in the early
mornings with my coffee and hummingbirds.
We have some growing the same on the end of lattice work out by the kennels by
our
driveway.............truly lovely.
Once I collect all the seeds I want I just hack the vines down and don't worry
about it.   It is
easy enough and they are worth it!!
THANK YOU Jamie........I have shared them with many!

Carolyn    marhaven@jps,net
www.Marhaven.com