[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: They need our help

  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:54:25 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2004 7:31:58 PM Central Standard Time,
PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx writes:
Wow,  that's a really interesting bit of history.....maybe you could tell us

> about those years, Helen.  That was before my time and  I'm sure many other
> listers.  Why did the GSDCA have to "shape  up"?

I agree with Jamie, I've heard rumors about those times but never  the true
stories.

Patty

The persons that were involved that started up the whole mess are  still
alive,so I think it behooves us not to discuss it. The Club was split wide
apart
,and all Board meetings had members attending with secret taping devices.
Letters from the "Fly on the Wall" were circulated. It was a bad part of our
early history,and we were disciplined for it. . No more should be said. We
survived it,and built the membership to 6000. Helen Miller  Fisher

 Helen is right.    It  was a  personal problem  between two prominant people
which totally fractured the GSDC of Los Angeles County, into two warring
factions and they were  the  scheduled Hosting Club for that year's  National
that
was canceled by the AKC.. because of all the upheaval.

 Passions and opinions ran rampant and all that was accomplished by all  of
it, was a lot of hurt and hate and the loss of the National.

Certainly did Not promote the German Shepherd Breed!!!

 Everyone eventually  recovered and the GSDCA ,with  Helen as the President ,
proudly grew to 6000  members..

Perhaps, after all is said and done,  it  was , and is,  a good lesson for
all of us to keep in mind..barb williams