[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: They have the gold

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:45:26 -0600

Evan..the AKC may not audit our check books..but they audit our record
keeping and make sure that we are doing as we should.If not..they don't
hesitate to levee fines or suspensions..no excuses they expect to be
allowed to drop in an inspect you at their whim, no preparation
allowed.They expect us to be accountable and manage our breeding programs
to their specifications. the Red Cross also a non-profit, recently had to
be accountable for funds that were allegedly misappropriated..so why not
the AKC? When an organization keeps upping fees..keeps looking for rather
unorthodox ways to raise funds, peddles credit cards..sells
insurance..something is not quite right. Again...look at the leadership..or
lack of it..too many making too much and not doing much. some may think
that allowing mutts to compete in performance is a great endeavor and
"progressive"..yes the mixes might have to be altered..but what is next?
Perhaps registering litters of mixes who are spawned from accidental
breedings..to collect fees so the offspring can participate in performance
events?.that way you not only collect entry fees...but litter fees. Perhaps
the AKC can register them as  "American hybrids"..next we will allow them
to be shown in the Misc. classes at shows..or better yet have their own
class. You think this is far fetched? Ten years ago..if someone told you
that down the road, the AKC was entertaining the idea of incorporating
mixes at any level you would have thought them nuts.I can easily see this
as a sign of future things to come. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

But, it