[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: They Came For The Trapper

  • From: "William Gish" <gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Marie Fedorow-Regal Thunder" <rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ShowGSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 22:01:44 -0400

Marie, et al - In the future, if you care to respond to anything I write,
PLEASE read it carefully first.  I did not recommend Mr Hunte be admitted
to our club.  I stated what I had heard, and I believe it to be accurate.
I have not been in any of the trucks he uses, so I cannot vouch for their
condition - on the other hand - I cannot accuse him of inhumane treatment
until I know it from experience or receive it form trusted informants.
THIS IS THE POINT!  All to frequently, conditions are alleged by people who
do not KNOW the truth, and it is very easy to pick out the examples.  Did
you ever attend a lynching?  Let me tell you, more than 90 percent of the
crowd only know what they heard as the crowd formed, yet they are just as
committed to the act as those who do know.  I know that there are horrible
things done to puppies - not only by mass breeders, but by others who claim
to be honorable.  This applies to other animals, as well - just check the
conditions in a large chicken ranch, or a pig farm, or a rabbit breeder!
But it originated with the concept that man has dominion over all of the
other animals on the earth, as granted him by the Almighty (without the
mandate for humane treatment).  I am very happy to see the progress that
has been made in animal (especially dog) rescue over the past 75 years.  I
have 5 rescues, myself; plus 12 adult show dogs, who are retired and living
out their retirement, just as I am.  But, I must return to the original
point - only publish what you know to be accurate - don't get caught up in
the lynch mob.

Bill Gish, gsd001