[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: They Came For The Trapper

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxx, gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 19:48:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/06 6:08:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Maybe you should talk to the breeders who are doing rescue for our breed

i'm just one person who's been doing rescue for a long time.  i'm tired and,
for those of you who are also involved in gsd rescue, you know full well the
emotional toll these poor dogs take on us.  i'd like to quit and be done with
the heartache because they were no more dogs needing rescue.  fat chance.  i've
got the product of a mill laying in a crate not 5 feet from me.  she's been
here for a month and i am FINALLY getting tiny tail wags now and then.  she
still cringes at the sight of any human and i can't have her with my own dogs
as
she doesn't get along with other animals - she's afraid of them.  i don't know
what the outcome on this bitch will be and all i can do is give her love and
time.  if time doesn't heal her wounds i will be with her at the end of what
has been a miserable journey for what might have been someone's wonderful
companion.  at least i will know she left this world held in the arms of
someone
who cared.  makes me think - was she once on one of hunte's transports?  one of
his brokered pups so thoughtfully placed in a good and responsible home?  i
think not - and i want less of his kind - not more.  whether or not lilly was a
hunte pup is irrelevant - she is everything any one of them might be.  we need
this?
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown