[ SHOWGSD-L ] They Always Get Their Man!!!!

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: psharp212@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 03:25:04 -0500 (EST)

Ack! I'm always astonished when someone doesn't know who the R.C.M.P. are.
My father was a "harness bull", then a member of the mounted squad, then a K9
handler.  There's where my love of animals and especially the GSD came from!
Wow, some great memories are coming back to me.....one HUGE long haired sable
male named Sabre who was like a big brother.....and another big LH named
Bear....In grade school my father and either Sabre or Bear came and they did a
talk about strangers. Gosh, I was star struck by my Dad and the dog/s.

I have a HUGE crush on the R.C.M.P.. And an enormous sense of pride. And an odd
sense of protectiveness towards them.

When Police Service Dog Nitro ( badge # 9755 ) was killed last January my son
and I went to his memorial service, I still openly weep when I think too hard
about him. And oh my gosh, his partner was a wreck. An extremely emotional and
draining experience. Sooo many officers, and officers with their service dogs,
from all over. And I can barely think of those young constables in Alberta that
were murdered without breaking down in my gut.

I'm much too soft for this world.  *grin*

Colleen Donnelly

Paula Cooke <psharp212@xxxxxxx> wrote: Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Paula, who watched Sargeant Preston and Yukon King religiously, every
Saturday...anyone remember his horse's name???