[ SHOWGSD-L ] These things happen

  • From: Holly Whitney <holly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:16:21 -0400

With all due respect we didn't look at this as these things happen.
It was a very upsetting and disruptive thing for our club to have to
move the date.  Have *you* tried to find a weekend that another dog
show wasn't happening in the mile radius okayed by the AKC?  Have you
ever spoken to an AB club who had 1 count them 1 GSD entry but wasn't
going to release GSD?  Can you even imagine how frustrating that can
be?  Yes, Peggy we did piggy back onto an AB show and have our
speciality then.  It still isn't what we really wanted.  Plus, we did
have a really nice thing going with Androscogin.  We had a two day
show which usually drew majors all by themselves.  So, now in order
to be continue the tradition we looked into weekends that we could
have both shows.  That has proved to be impossible.  It's really a
shame that we can continue these nice shows in New England in
September the very best time of year.  I'm thrilled that people can
find hotels in Canada now but to some people it isn't these things
happen.......
However, in the end we looked at it as the old joke,
NAVY:
THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER ENTERPRISE, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF
THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!
CIVILIAN:
This is a lighthouse. Your call.

We gave way to the lighthouse.........