[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Theriogenology: new research on cryptorchid surgery

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, "DaList list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:46:23 -0500

Hi Listers, I had to jump in here after I read this, seemingly, thorough
research
report.  I loved the word "seems" being used in it. Read and smile as we
know
what happens to our hard earned $$$s for "research", thank you very much!!
#1 Just the name "THERIOLOGY" oh, right it's just a THEORY!!!
#2 No words concerning monorchidism, hello!
#3 This IS an abnormality, face it folks.  It is also a known fact that
testicular
     cancer will more likely occur in an undecended testicle than one down &
OK.
#4 Just think all the many check ups would be needed to "monitor" this dog
for
     LIFE.  The Vet would love it.
#5 Last of all, I've known a couple dogs with undecended testicles (rescues
&
a couple other breeds I cared for in boarding)  NONE of my own GSDs,  TNX
and for their personal and everyone else's peaceful lives , neuter neuter.
OK, I'll lurk a bit, and thank you for sharing, Stormy,  Love ya Gal.
Norma