[ SHOWGSD-L ] There is no easy answer

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:14:21 -0700

 That is why I have said those who enter the  Specials class win or lose,
don't think too many Selects were ever given. It is  mostly, (for you Paul)
those who do not enter that want the limits.

Paul opines...

I don't want limits on Selects...I don't want anyone but the Judge to be
responsible for results...and I don't understand what you are saying Evan?

I do want more of everything but I want the Selects to equal the description
of Select...and that's ALL I have EVER wanted. I want Regular and Special's
classes that take 2 weeks to judge...

People on "Da List" seem to read but they do not see or understand the words
and thoughts laid out in a persons post.

As to the National discussion...it has been in the forefront of discussion
since we started going in 1983. During that time I have seen the membership
and the Board change, tinker, and try to placate the majority of members. I
think they have done a pretty fair job, too.

You will never be able to please everyone. Many sites will be unfair to some
while fair to others. As soon as we find a central spot then people North,
South, East, and West will complain it's too far for them to go. It's too
hard to get there and too expensive. This is the way it has always been. We
can as a club, try and do what the membership thinks to be right. We elect
Officers and a Board that attempt to do that every year. Those attempts
cannot please everyone but when enough people speak...the PClub will listen.
If they don't...vote em out of office. That's how things get
accomplished...not bitching and moaning.

Paul

PS...as to the situation we find ourselves in with the Airlines...we have
only ourselves to blame. Between the ARO's and our tirades directed to
Airline Employee's; why would any sane carrier want to transport our dogs?
We need to be cultivating these businesses rather than condeming them. Evan
is right in saying there is no easy answer...but there are those that are
better than others. Complaining is not on the top of any list.