[ SHOWGSD-L ] There is no easy answer

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 18:47:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2005 10:24:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
.....no
more "luxury " nationals...just really great DOG  SHOWS....

It is a complex problem. We need locations that are animal  friendly, that
often is not a major city such as New York or Chicago.  But,  as this problem
worsens, we are going to have to hold our nationals at locations  easier, (read
possible) to get to. I know Debbie does understand this, but if we  are to
serve the entire membership, we have to keep in mind other  factors.

We all want a victory dinner, and where can they serve 2000  meals fast?  We
want herding, we want tracking, we want obedience, we need  reasonable motels
that take dogs, and on top of all that we need a location that  we can get to.
We need to make it available to all the members at least some of  the time.
Even if we were willing to, the cost of driving is going to limit who  can
afford to attend. I hear more and more that people will skip one national so
be able to attend the next.  That has to be resolved.

The board is open to all ideas, and does the best it  can.  We may be forced
to shorten the show, or find a new idea, each year  the challenges get bigger.
 However, with 19 members, and with the  membership suggesting ideas, it can
and will be solved.  I have some ideas,  but do not have the answer.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together