[ SHOWGSD-L ] There are more than Unwanted Awards

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 11:01:36 -0400 (EDT)

The topic got me to thinking again, something that is always  dangerous.

I realized that this weekend I got to talk to Roz Schaffer about the fact
she is still riding and jumping horses. I spent some time with Mike Cheeks
and  we laughed that he got some Sees candy again. Last time he and his wife
got Sees  candy to take home and ate it all on the plane. I spent some time
with Bob  Dresher and we talked about his relationship with the young
daughter of his past  girl friend and how well they still get along.  We
compared
his munchkin  with mine, (Summer) and how kids are so amazing.

I laughed a bit with Carolyn Martello, and of course Flower Boy and I
traded jabs.  Frank Martello and I discussed the world, and I watched  Summer
and her friends play music for us.    Twyla and our  friend Donna and I
discussed the flowers they brought for the raffle.  I  spent a few minutes
talking
to Raul and Orttie Carillo, got to help Majdi and  Jacqualine, (Mr. and
Mrs. Summer) cook the hot dogs.  I watched Pat and  Celleste Draper win with
Ava, a bitch I have loved and also talked to them about  their plans for Icon.
 I talked to Sharlonna, Sheryll, and Debbie, and so  many others.

None of that had to do with my wins, my dogs, my ribbons, or my awards. Had
 I not shown a dog, it would still have been a great weekend for me.

It is for me, the people. It is the friendships, the laughs, the joys and
the interests of my friends. Yes, winning is how you keep score, but it is
only  one part of showing dogs.

If you don't enjoy the folks, the friendships, the new people and the old,
it is time to find something else to do with your time.

Stamps, coins, ballroom dancing, civil war re-enactments  and rabbits  are
a possibility.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together

In a message dated 5/14/12 3:55:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

I can't tell you the number of times I have heard "there was nothing  there
this weekend" (usually said by someone who doesn't do a lot of  winning).
Doesn't the person saying that realize that if their dog  didn't sweep the
shows, that makes their dog less than nothing?  and if  their dog did win
everything in sight, it won over  "nothing"?