[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The wolf is at the door!

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:30:30 -0700 (PDT)

Ed --
I can tell you that the interest in showing GSDs increased inthe buildup to the
Albany National. We got new regional club members and some new parent club
members. We also got some former exhibotors to come and watch and a couple of
people now have show puppies. It was because of the national. We still see
residual results as peple from other breeds who went to the show talk about it
and cause others to be interested. By he way, it also got some new GSDs
involved in other events besides conformation. It also got new exhibitors make
the trip to Ft Collins. All because several years before they saw a National
within reasonable driving distance. This can happen throughout the country as
the show moves around.

Tha fact that several of the new members became discouraged with the parent
club a year or two later was not due to national location but parent club
policies and actions.

Ruth