[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The wolf is at the door!

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:40:43 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question for Ed and the rest. Would you be more likely to travel if
you were traveling to a known area? Would it make you more likely to attend a
national if you were very familiar with the area? You know about the airport,
you know where the hotels are etc. The reason I ask is because the age of the
exhibitor is getting older . The older we get the less we like change.

Terry the  old fart :0)
  From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 10:39 AM

Kathy we do need new members, but having the National rotated to different
locations is not going to increase membership....Oregon, Florida, Denver, St
Louis,Concord N.C., Columbus Ohio,Perry Georgia, Lexington...this year
Beaumont, next year Ohio, year after that Utah...these are the past and near
future National locations...so if location changes equaled new members,
we'd have no problem with increasing membership...the National needs to be
more stationary for economical reasons...the days are over for large numbers of
members flying and driving all over the country......I was told that one of the
best handlers in the country, Ken Tank was not at the Northern CA shows because
of client expenses ( no Ken did not tell me this).....I have some ideas about
how to increase membership and I have expressed many over the years right here
on this list....but changing things, many times is like peeing in the
ocean...the color,  temperature, and depth remains the
 same....Ed  Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   There are problems
with three  areas only or one area.....if we are to EVER  bring in new people,
or picque the interest of people for our club...we have  to get the Nationals
to more places. If we stick to the same three or  single areas, we will have no
way to expose newcomers from different parts  of the country to our BIGGEST
SHOW.  If we rotated amongst the nine futurity regions it would mean more
exposure  for the club...look around folks...WE NEED NEW MEMBERS DESPERATELY.
Kathy Tank  2008/6/30 Liane Fossland :    > Which brings us right back to a
conversation we had some time ago. It was  > suggested at that time that we
should have a central area for all of our  > Nationals. There was also
mention of a possible GSDCA owned arena.  Wouldn't  >
author and
 of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind  are
permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the  Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.     ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE
FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY  MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON
SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS  PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY  FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE  PROSECUTED.     For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org
are permitted without prior permission of the
 original author  AND of the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PROSECUTED.     For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org