[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The way we were

  • From: James Barnhart <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:15:32 -0800

Kathy,  I'm not trying to say that contemporary movement doesn't have
long striding dogs.  I am not saying that there are not good movers
anymore or they don't meet the Standard.  I am not trying to say one
is better than the other.   I believe that the easy striding dog with
catlike movement that I have seen in my forty five plus years in the
breed is a thing of the past.  One only has to see videos of previous
Nationals that precipitated Liz's original statement to see what I am
trying to say.  I don't like "racing" either.  I do believe that
contemporary dogs are better built for moving at high speed and it
just human nature for a handler to take advantage of that fact and it
does excite the crowd.  Jim