[ SHOWGSD-L ] The way I saw it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:34:48 EDT

I just heard a rumor.  It seems that there were some comments I made  in the
Blog that implied I didn't like Arias.  Now, I never apologize for  an
opinion, but when something bothers someone, I don't mind setting the record
straight.

First of all, in the stud dog parade, the Arias representation was the best
I have ever seen, (other than Dallas).  As for Arias, that is a super dog,
and as good as anything in St. Louis, (well, maybe with the exception of
Patriot) but then, I am a bit partial in that way.

Bob and I at the announcers table were having some fun about Arias, as when
I judged the dog before he finished, I did not put him up, due to the extreme
tail carriage, and Bob did the day before.  We each decided on what we were
going to do on the day of the shows, and he kept telling me that he knew how
good the dog would produce and that is why he put him up, and I told him I
never  considered that.  At the show I told his handler if the tail would go
down,  he would be an easy winner. It didn't. I thought about ignoring it, but
couldn't.

I do think that is one great dog, and is going to influence our breed for
years to come. I also think I did the right thing when I judged him, as I
always
 do.  As for how I feel now, I loved that dog at the National, and I loved
him when he was shown under me, but not so much that I could overlook the  tail
at that time. Now?  Nothing wrong with the tail at all.

That is my tale, and I am standing behind it. No pun intended.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/