[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The truth the way I see it.

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:23:12 -0700

I agree Evan.
I think most of the people in the "dog world' and sport of showing dogs are
very friendly and open to
new comers and are usually 'there for you'  in any case if they know you are
'new'...... or need help.
Most are more than willing to help any newcomers with their dog, showing,
handlers, etc.

Problem is,  we are all often distracted.    Many of us haven't been to a show
for a while.......visiting with
people we have not seen for a while and we all usually have a couple of
"charges"  with us.......dogs or
puppies that need our full attention and care....canopies, dryers, water,
chairs, brushes, hoses......etc.
Most of us when we're out of our own area......we are the new ones and we have
no idea who is a newby
in a new area to us.    Some of us are just quiet by nature around new people
and very distracted at a
dog show ..........well...........because we have dogs demanding our
attention.........
I personally love it when people come up and introduce themselves to
us........I sure don't have the
backbone to go up and introduce myself to others myself.  I never
have........and truly admire those that do.
We all have different temperament........there is no 'Standard' for us and none
of us are a "pure"  line.<G>

Many of us are not "muscled, dark and handsome".......But in general I think we
sure all need each other
and appreciate each other.......and the newcomers.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:!.....you're muscled dark and handsome....you
must look like  me!

  Hey, don't I count too?   I may have gray hair, but I could  darken it if
need be.  I also don't agree that we
  aren't a friendly lot. Go  to a car show, and see who talks to you. Try to
join in a cooking club, and  watch
  how few people welcome you in.  Attend a terrorist meeting and notice  that
no one welcomes you in.
  Join Alcoholics Antonymous,  (that probably is  a bad example, they do
welcome you in).

  No established organization just opens their arms and drags in the new folk.
 Everyone has to "pay dues"
  and spend some time earning respect.  We  all did, and we expect others to as
well. But, people who love
  dogs are the  friendliest people in the world. They will give of themselves,
and offer any  help asked.   You
  don't have to be a winner to join in, and you don't have to prove yourself to
be accepted.  You just have to
  show a willingness to be  interested and dedicated to the breed.

  As to honesty, it is more honest than a liar's club, more fair than prize
fighting, and certainly more friendly
  that The International Association of Drug  Dealers.

  Evan L.  Ginsburg