[ SHOWGSD-L ] The truth the way I see it.

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:18:34 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/2009 9:31:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
!.....you're muscled dark and handsome....you must look like  me!

Hey, don't I count too?   I may have gray hair, but I could  darken it if
need be.  I also don't agree that we aren't a friendly lot. Go  to a car
show, and see who talks to you. Try to join in a cooking club, and  watch how
few people welcome you in.  Attend a terrorist meeting and notice  that no one
welcomes you in.  Join Alcoholics Antonymous, (that probably is  a bad
example, they do welcome you in).

No established organization just opens their arms and drags in the new
folk. Everyone has to "pay dues" and spend some time earning respect.  We  all
did, and we expect others to as well. But, people who love dogs are the
friendliest people in the world. They will give of themselves, and offer any
help asked. You don't have to be a winner to join in, and you don't have to
prove yourself to be accepted.  You just have to show a willingness to be
interested and dedicated to the breed.

As to honesty, it is more honest than a liar's club, more fair than prize
fighting, and certainly more friendly that The International Association of
Drug  Dealers.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/