[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The true story, page two

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:55:39 EDT

d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
" My  client has authorized me to commence legal action against you if
you do  not comply with this demand by June 30, 2009."

I just hate to see  that all happen for Joan. She is too good of a
judge and too nice of a  person to get into that kind of rejection
reaction. Anything I can do for  her? I don't think she is ready for my
advice right now, but this  continues to polarize for her and she will
ultimately loose more than  anyone else.

Any ideas?

I have not put this out under Joan's name, as she hasn't made it public
yet. But, I know that everyone knows what is going on.  As I understand it,
Joan was told what the board members were sent. Her attorney is trying to
obtain  those letters to go to the AKC and confirm what is going on.  Legal
action  includes a subpoena, and is not the same as suing.

I am not representing Joan, but I have for many years respected her as a
person as well as a strong member of the GSDCA and thank her for the years of
 representing out club. She has dedicted her time and efforts to find
locations  for our national, and her motives can't be questioned.

Joan is being attacked.  A letter was sent to a board member who  evidently
sent it to the AKC. The AKC has denied some of the facts, but refuses  to
give Joan copies, saying they have nothing. What Joan's attorney is trying to
 do is pin down what is or what is not there. Then Joan may go after the
AKC if  they have given out private information, or have lied about her files.

I still support Joan, and also any member of our club. We need to stand up
if  we are wronged, and we need to stand behind any member who is being
attacked unfairly.   While I do agree that litigation is the wrong way  to
resolve our problems in dogs, it may on occastion be the only way.

Today I responded to two club members who are about to sue other members.
If they want to, they can let the List know what is going on. They are both
on  the List. My advice to them both was the same, avoid litigation, walk
away, and  never let it happen again.  That is always my suggestion, but if
you are  put into a situation where you have to stand firm, you should be able
to depend  on your friends and others to stand behind you.

So far, I see no reason that Joan is not correct, but I do not have all the
 facts.  In the past Joan has always been honest with me, and I understand
her need to resolve this. It is unfortunate that she had to use a lawyer,
but it  may be the only way to do it.  There is probably more involved that I
do  not know. This is but based on the information I have.

I went to one board meeting right after my surgery. At that meeting nine
board members came up to me and asked if they could retain me to protect them
 from other board members?  I agreed, but by the end of the meeting,
everything was resolved. Sometimes it is just the knowledge that your attorney
is there, that resolves the issues.

Let's hope Joan finds the solution and the party or parties responsible
answer for their transgressions.  We need not take sides, but watch and  then
determine what should be done.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/