[ SHOWGSD-L ] The true story, page one

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:30:21 -0700

> As far as I know, there are no others law suits pending.  I know
> some  are
> trying to right what they think is a a wrong, but to date, no suit
> has been
> filed, and in talking to the party, she has no intention or even
> thought of
> suing the GSDCA.
> Evan  Ginsburg
" My client has authorized me to commence legal action against you if
you do not comply with this demand by June 30, 2009."

It may have not been filed, but the language does not say, "this is a
bluff to put pressure on, but we really do not mean it." The reaction
to all this is not really in Joan's best interest. She has been a
prominent part of the club for a life time, and this club seems so
very important to her. I do not want her to have to suffer the
isolation and rejection that Margy has. But that could very well be
the end result. The previous board people now put her in the 'Margy
category,' and the current board is mad as hell. Even if she wins at
this point, she looses.

I talked to her about this phenomena when she put this matter before
the board last time, but she continues to need vindication and doesn't
seem to understand that this was an AKC action, not heard by the
GSDCA. She needs to be talking to them.

I talked to Paul last weekend. He is hurt and bitter. He has not had a
judging assignment since his futurity fiasco. While others, Karen
specifically, are taking the blame for not counting the days
correctly, he is getting the penalty, but taking it like a man. I
suggested his name for our coming shows and several people went nuts.
Most of the handlers will not show under him. So he exhibits and wins
but he does not judge any longer.

I just hate to see that all happen for Joan. She is too good of a
judge and too nice of a person to get into that kind of rejection
reaction. Anything I can do for her? I don't think she is ready for my
advice right now, but this continues to polarize for her and she will
ultimately loose more than anyone else.

Any ideas?
Dave