[ SHOWGSD-L ] The time has come!

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 20:05:57 -0500 (EST)

How about a class for people with bad knees?

It is unfair that we have to compete against the handlers with good knees.
It would bring in a lot of new people with fake joints, or just arthritis,
and  they could enter the "BAD KNEE CLASS" and just compete against others
with bad  knees.

It would allow those of us with bad knees a chance to enter the class and
show our own dogs, and then get into winners, where we could allow a
professional handler to take the dogs back in.

If we won't have a class for those over 70, (which  would bring me  back
into the ring), it is time to recognize how many of potential handlers  would
come out and join the sport, if only they could have a class for handlers
with  bad knees.

It is time to realize we can't be so elitist and only allow healthy
handlers.  We need a class for amateurs, juniors, 70 and older, and bad  knees.

It is time to stop excluding all of those potential handlers.

Evan L. Ginsburg

In a message dated 2/26/2014 4:43:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
crudolf@xxxxxxx writes:
If my  knees would let me, I would show my own  dog.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html