[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The standard, for what we are

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 08:31:12 -0700

On Mon, 9/15/14, Evan wrote:

  When dog showing began, it was only for the wealthy. Those
 shows were held
 in areas where only those with a great deal of money could
 afford to go and  show. Then it evolved to where we "little people" could get
 involved.  Slowly it  got more expensive and some were required to
 give it up.  <<<<<

*****In the beginning it was not just people that were wealthy that showed
their dogs.  The people and 500 GSDs that showed up in Allegan, MI
at Longworth Kennels years ago came from all over the country and
not all were wealthy.  However, back then most people showed their
own dogs.  It is the times we live in today that that keeps people from showing
their GSDs. Years ago shows were a big part of Entertainment and
Advertising today we have TV, Internet, etc. People would rather spend their
money on  other things today than a dog show.  They know winning does take a top
handler or person that knows how to show a dog to the best of their ability.
These people have dedicated their lives showing a dog or puppy to win.
Yes, it is costly to show today but again it is the time we live in.  There
is more to showing a dog than just showing up, it is a skill that not everyone
has.

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

http://showgsd.org/mail.html