[ SHOWGSD-L ] The rest of the story, page two

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:32:54 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/2009 8:09:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
laslargsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Sorry I  left this out. But all this could not be possible if not for BILL
BASU doing  such a great job with Markie and a great team they becoming
together.

I was trying to figure out how to tell the story, and this is  a good
chance.

When Dave arranged with Tedi, (no one asked me), to send Magic  Marker to
us, she talked to Bill about showing her. Bill talked to me at her  first
show a week later and said that he thought the perfect judge for her  was Edie
Trokie, and that she was judging a specialty in Washington state.   Bill
told me that he thought Edie could take her all the way to Best of  Breed.

I laughed and said, if we had to travel all the way to  Washington, Markie
was not my type of bitch.  I forgot to ask Tedi  what I wanted to do.  Then
I found out it was a Futurity weekend.   There would be top quality bitches
from all over the country.  We shouldn't  even consider going to Washington.

When we got there, I saw Kent, Sherry, Jeff and The Guz. I  figured we were
toast, and I was right not to fly to a dog show to try to win  points. To
travel that far to show a bitch was silly.

Bill was right.  It is a good thing he and Tedi are the  deciders.  Bill
did a great job with her, and Tedi groomed, conditioned  doubled and exposed
her, perfectly.  I just went to have a chance to blow  out my knee.  I love
it when a plan comes together.

It was worth it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds