[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The problem with our club

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 10:54:04 -0500

Well, I guess I have to disagree with Syd and Kris.  Not entirely, but I
do have to disagree.
    I don't think a club has to be elitist...but when there are NO
requirements, we end up with the biggest puppymiller in the country,
perhaps the world, in our midst...and that should be offensive to every
single one of us.  The Parent Club has a puppymiller in it!  I think
it's disgusting.  I'm not addressing the people who have a dozen litters
a year...if they are willing to do that work, and if they aren't doing
it to make money, but to get something for themselves to show, then
whether we treat them decently or like scum is our problem.  Every breed
has those people...in the elitist clubs too.  But nobody else has the
biggest puppymiller in the world.
I guess we can call ourselves an elite club for that fact, now.
    What's wrong with meeting some requirements, anyway?  Not the
extreme ones, but some?  We have NONE now.  Maybe that's why we would
have to let in ALL the puppymill owners...because we have no criteria at
all.  At least that's some people's excuse for letting Hunte in...which
means they couldn't keep anybody else out.  If there are no personal
beliefs that puppymillers are wrong, then fine, go ahead and welcome
this man....and sell him the stuff you don't want from your next litter,
too, so he can ship them wherever he thinks some pet shop can sell them.
       There has to be a line drawn somewhere...it's just really obvious
that an awful lot of people have no clue where to draw it.
Peggy