[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The problem with our club

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 05:52:56 -0600 (CST)

=====================
From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: 2007/02/03 Sat AM 12:56:03 CST
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] The problem with our club

The  problem with our club, as I see it, is that it is NOT elitist,  is NOT
snobby, and is NOT exclusive. If you have a German shepherd (maybe  even if you
don't (?) ), you are welcome. If you are a "pillar" of the breed,  you are
welcome. If you are an ordinary person with just one "pet quality"  spayed old
girl, you are welcome. If you have never shown, you are welcome. If  you know
nothing about the breed, you are welcome. If you want to be on this  list, you
are (usually) welcome. If you have no idea of the difference between  German
and American bloodlines, you are welcome. You will learn. You will get  help
and advice, if you really want to learn, (and you will probably get advice
whether you want to learn or not).
When listers write in about the incredible requirements in other breed
clubs, (before they (the other clubs) will even talk to you), I get really
pissed.
The German shepherd people love the greatest breed in the world, the
premiere working dog in the world, the dog that has set the standard for
working  in
any venue for the rest of the world since its inception. The German Shepherd
Dog Club of AMERICA is a democracy. It has all type of people as members,
some wonderful humans, and some not so wonderful. German shepherds are
wonderful, no matter what they have or have not accomplished. When I hear about
 other
clubs' stringent rules, and the contempt they seeming hold us in now, I
realize (again) just how wonderful we are. Mr. Hunte is not a particularly
welcome
new member, but.....remember..it takes all kinds, and  I am proud  that we
have always been for the dogs, and for the members, even the "little"  guys.
The
novices, the experienced exhibitors, the working contingent, the couch
potato owners, almost anyone can become a member, because our club stands for
something..It breaks down the image "showdogs" have, it proves that showdogs
are
just dogs, and the folks that love them are just people, not exclusionary,
elitist, discriminatory snobs. Mr Hunte could join, because we are what we are.

I love the way we are, we are the "people's" club. If we start excluding, we
will become like the other clubs, and  (as an example) I  and many  others
would never have been allowed into the clubs that require x amount of  years,
and xx amount of champions, etc. We are all looking for a place we can be
comfortable and feel welcome....the German shepherd club is just like the dog
it
is named for. Noble, accepting, and special.

 Shalom, Syd (a proud member of the greatest dog club of them  all).

SYD  MAILBERG
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA  98038

Syd,