[ SHOWGSD-L ] The plan works

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:45:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/06 4:11:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I was  gratified to get a call from a prospective puppy buyer who
specifically wanted  a dog from American show lines for reasons of temperament
and
trainability.  Our hard work in these areas over the past years is  reaching
the
general public.

I hear this more and more.  I think it is related to two things. One,  many
of the German dogs being sold or brought into this country are of very poor
quality. I hear time and time again about people (not breeders, the general
public), who are buying shepherds from Germany for large amounts, and getting
dogs they can't touch.

The second thing is that many of the German dogs that have been imported
have a very high prey drive, and we are not used to that demand.  I have  heard
from many people who bought German dogs, that they can't live with them,  but
love them.

There are some people importing good German dogs, but not many that are
doing it to sell. Some, not all, just depend of the fact that they are bringing

them in from Germany, and fail to address temperament and quality.

People like our List people Jim, Eddie, Ken, Kathy, even Frank are doing
great things with German dogs.  But, the general public is starting to  notice
the problems.

It is good when a plan comes together.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds