[ SHOWGSD-L ] The olden days

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 12:40:09 -0400 (EDT)

I wonder how many know it used to be Sharon Penny. That she was married to
Bob Penny, and that we all remember her that way.  I remember being in the
ring with Bob and discussing handling and what we were doing.

I remember on show where Bob and I were in the end half of the class. The
judge was John Neff, and he looked at the group and said, "I am excusing the
 last eight bitches".  I told him we just entered later than the first
eight.  I turned to Bob and said we hadn't even done individuals, what  should
we do?  Bob said, "We leave the ring".  He and I laughed about  that many
times.

I saw Sharon and Al recently, and as far as that goes, how many remember
handling  in the ring with All Gibson?  I do.

Time does march by.  We all have to realize that our time is limited,  and
instead of fighting over things of little consequence, enjoy what we have,
celebrate our friends, and be thankful for every day we are together.

Or not.

Evan

In a message dated 8/23/2014 8:57:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sharonrallbright@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I think  it is very interesting all this talk of old members.  I have  just
received a phone call from Sharon Gibson.  She sadly wanted to  inform me of
Al Gibson passing away in February.  After talking about  this we moved on
to the old times and where everyone was and how everyone  is doing.  Sharon
especially asked about Cappy Pottle and Bill  Peterson and many here in this
part of California.  So if anyone would  like to contact her she gave me
permission to give her email address  out.  She is not on the list.  She
still lives in TX and has  horses.  And many memories of all the GSD days.
Sharon  Gibson    SMPG107@xxxxxxxxx

http://showgsd.org/mail.html