[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The old days of breeding.

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blackhawkfarms214@xxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l GSDList'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:19:21 -0700

That was one of my points about the original post...with stud
owners handling their own shipping...you can afford more than
ONE shipment for more than one breeding to get the timing right.
IF the timing is right..the semen is good and the bitch is
fertile you will have puppies.  With todays science and shipping
semen...the biggest problem is getting the timing "PERFECT" for
each bitch because there is no stud to handle that part.....<G>

Let's face it ......dogs roaming the streets are bred many many
times.   They can't HELP but get pregnant!!   <G>

Because of the expense involved...we try to get the timing
perfect with progesterone testing.   Studs don't require any of
the normal VC or myco plasma tests that way...and that could be
causing some of the 'misses' as most bitches are not tested for
an A.I. TCI....or surgical implant.
NOW Dr. 'Hutch'  recommends 10 days of Baytril AFTER an implant
or TCI...and that will take care of most infections if you follow
that protocol.
Personally I don't think all the knowledge and methods are the
problem....but the COSTS sure are!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com