[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The look of eagles

  • From: cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:03:52 -0700

 The problem with a statement like "the look of eagles" is that it can be
interpreted different ways by different people. One person said "angry" and
now we see "ready for action". Subjective statements in breed standards make
it very hard to get consistent judging of the dogs.   Rather than "the look
of eagles" why don't we describe what that is in concrete terms that leave
nothing to interpretation?   That is, unless we WANT to give the judges room
for interpretation. . .   What do you think? Should the standard be
subjective, or should it be a blue print of the breed that leaves little
roomfor subjective interpretation?