[ SHOWGSD-L ] The haves and have nots

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 06:22:16 -0700

Carolyn Martello - wrote this...

ACTUALLY ENTER DOGS hoping for a Select..........common sense would tell the
Board to pay attention to what exhibitors are saying!!
No limits of ten for Select DOGS!
Show sites with easy access ......FOR DOGS!
Give up the National starting on Tuesday night...... TOO long for the DOGS!
Nix the Conditional Class.......a waste of time class for the DOGS!
It's a DOG SHOW............ not a ' Politically Correct '
maneuver.....requiring more
"compensation" awards!!

What earth shattering event within the Breed has caused
all this rhetoric after all these years of varying numbers of Selects!?
Good Grief.......is this really the biggest problem in the Breed!!!??

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Thanks for the great post Carolyn.  Too bad they don't listen to people like
us... you know... the "Club" members who've been there and done it.

Common sense hasn't been prevailing for a long time.  If it were, we
wouldn't have market research surveys written in a manner to illicit a
certain response.  We certainly wouldn't have Nationals in October, when the
membership clearly stated November.

Biggest problem in the breed?  I'm not going to go politically uncorrect on
everyone ... but we all know what the biggest problem in the breed is....
it's called Power-Mongering.

Has anyone else noticed that our nationals are becoming like country clubs
across the country?  Let's look at these skyboxes for example... What
"regular" working stiff who's involved in this breed can afford to travel -
especially by air, take the time off work to not only get to and from the
show, but attend a WEEK long event, pay for seats, hotels, meals, handlers,
etc. and now... a skybox... ???

Elitism is as elitism does... Those skyboxes should have been used as bait
for a sponsor perk for paying $20,000-50,000 to sponsor the premier German
Shepherd specialty show.  They should have been raffled off all year long so
that one lucky MEMBER exhibitor could show their friends a good time.  They
should have used them for VIP seating --- and VIPs like the top winning
Junior Handler, the owners and BREEDERs of the GV and GVx of the previous
year... you know MEMBER PERKS...

The GSDCA, a Member club needs to cater to its members, not to a few
high-falluting people from the country club set.  After all... how many of
those are actually A-exhibiting a National Level Quality animal?  B) Ever
had one of these dogs C) Most importantly... ever had the luck and knowledge
to even breed one?

But then, what do we know Carolyn... We've only been in the trenches for a
few years...
This is My club, this is Your Club, and we're not going to change ANYTHING
unless WE change who's got the Power and put it back where it belongs.  The
Nominating Committee operated on GOBAG rules... and frankly, it's sickening.

One would think that the Nominating Committee members would have realized
that the person who has been in 8th place in board elections for the last 2
years, losing by 25 votes 2 years ago, and by one last year, would be
someone who really wants to work for the club... Did they say, hey...we need
someone like you on the Board - No... DID the two western regional members
of the Nominating committee contact that western regional member?  NO. What
is wrong with this picture?

It's absolutely ridiculous the way things are being handled with such open
GOBAGC mentality.  Well GOBAGC---- WAKE UP TO YOUR MORTALITY.  If the first
5 months of this year hasn't shown you anything, it should show you that
your MORTALITY is not something your powermongering can control... it would
be better to foster relations with people who were like you when you were
young and vital, instead of p*ssing these young vital people off.

Carolyn... thanks for your post... it was definitely better than this
rambling... but unfortunately, our thoughts are not even viewed as
acceptable fodder for the GOBAGC - because it doesn't fit into their
PREORDAINED AGENDA.   GSDCA MEMBERS... if you don't take your club away from
the GOBAGC ... it's only going to get worse.  This is the year... because
next year, we're in for 8 more years of worsening bildgewater than we have
now.

Kathaleen Strong - Inflight Kennels Reg'd - Breeders of:
1995 US GV, AOE-1996 US GVx, Jubilee ROM
Check out my website edits - New Flash!
http://inflight.cnc.net