[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The dog that took my breath away

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, janbraeloch@xxxxxxx, fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

Great thread. I remember Leroy Brown...gorgeous dog. Sable has always been my
preferred color; moveable work of art. My old girl is a sable and I love how
her color changes with the light and the ripple of her muscles under the fur.
As for the dog that takes my breath away....???....thats a tough one. Obviously
everyone knows how I feel about Vinnie...he is all I could ever have wanted and
more. I guess the dog that took my breath away was the JRT therapy dog who
washed the face of a little girl in the hospital as she was fighting for her
life with lukemia; giving her a brief respite from the horrors she was
enduring....or the Seeing Eye dog that helped my Uncle Fabius live a normal
life for so many years....or maybe Angus, who protected his K9 partner Nick
Tartaglione until old age sidelined him....Every day, dogs of all shapes and
sizes perform miracles....some in service and some simply by offering a neck to
hug when a boyfriend betrays you or you have lost your job. I remember seeing a
video of a homeless man in California with his dog trotting happily at his
side; blissfully unaware that the next meal may not be coming any time soon.
And yet, he stays with his Master through
 all that life can throw at them.
I will never forget the story of a doe eyed hound who sat in a rural Georgia
"shelter" waiting for what might come. A photographer for Petfinder came upon
him and was instantly taken with the light that was glowing bright in his eyes.
She took his photo even tho she knew that time was short and the chances of him
being pulled or adopted were slim to none.
He was next in line for euthanasia.
Within 24 hours of his photo appearing in Petfinder, a Rescue stepped up for
him. He was vetted and transported to the northeast where he was adopted by a
family with a child who was battling multiple physical challenges. In a
heartbeat, the dog no one wanted and the little boy with the world on his
shoulders bonded. It turned out that this nondescript hound had the innate
ability to alert to seizures. His boy's life would never be the same. THAT
takes my breath away.
Dawn

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx

From: janbraeloch@xxxxxxx <janbraeloch@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] The dog that took my breath away
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 9:52 AM

The dog that took my breath away the first time I saw him and every time
thereafter was Windwalker's ? LeRoy Brown.
The first time I saw him was at a show where I had heard he would be shown.
I walked around before the? BOB class and saw Jimmy with the most beautiful
sable there has ever been...Ch Windwalker's LeRoy Brown.
What a show he put on and I have never forgotten that sight. No one could have
beaten him.
That is why I? bred to him and am convinced his son has a lot of LeRoy in him.

That is what I want to see when I watch the best in the ring showing off.
A dog to take my breath away.

Thank you Jamie for sharing him with me through his son.

Thanks for listening...or, reading as you are.

Janice Stevenson
Braeloch Shepherds
Marietta, NY

Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.