[ SHOWGSD-L ] The difference Between Handlers

  • From: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (german shepherd)
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 23:01:18 +0000

What Sherry said about handlers showing their own dogs or breeding against
yours that you are paying them to handle is so true.  a lot of the handlers do
it and it is not right.  You pay handlers what fifty to one hundred dollars to
handle your dog at one show and then they are showing their own breeding
against you.  I don't think so.  A handler who shall remain nameless did that
to me.  I hired her to show my open dog in three shows.  The class goes in the
ring and her partner also has an open dog.....their own breeding.  my dog went
second to that dog all three days.  Guess what......she is still waiting to be
paid for those shows and it is not going to happen.  and you wonder why the
entries are so small.  The same thing with the Amateur futurity.  It is a joke.
 you may have unknown people in the ring but they are still showing dogs for
some of the top breeders in the country and are winning. It should be for
people who want to have fun with their dogs not the people who
  win a
ll the time. And if these people want to have their dogs shown they should take
them in the ring themselves.  When we voted a couple of months ago about
whether or not we wanted to have an ameteur Futurity i was like no way.  it is
not worth the extra time and trouble that it takes to have one. JMO.

Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises,  Tortoise Rescue ,  Behold the turtle: He makes
progress only when he sticks his neck out.  A quote by James B. Conant